Gnocchi with Prawns, Zucchini and SaffronCourse: First CourseCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Saffron is subtle but also very fragrant. This spice that originates from a flower called “crocus sativus” adds a subtle sweetness and elevates the humble potato dumpling. Just like Lonno Lodge, there’s an undeniable sense of opulence in this dish.
2 tablespoons of Butter
- Take a pinch of saffron and steep it in 30ml of room temperature water. Allow it to sit and stir periodically to dissolve the saffron.
- Devein and de-shell the prawns. Wash thoroughly and ensure you pat them dry well.
- Chop the zucchini 2cm cubes to match the gnocchi.
- In a hot pan, use the butter and sauté the zucchini over high heat until golden brown.
- Add the prawns into the pan and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour the saffron and water mixture into the pan and continue to simmer for 2 minutes over medium heat. If the sauce dries-up, replenish with water.
- Cook gnocchi in boiling salted water until they float. Strain and place gnocchi in the sauce.