Parma Ham PieCourse: StarterCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
A pie without the pastry, this is very different type of pie; but this is no less delicious or comforting than rest. When you’re next to the beach, a rich pie is usually the last thing on your mind. This Parma Ham Pie will set your taste buds alight, but keep the bloated tummy at bay.
12 Slices of Parma ham
150g Cottage cheese
1 Large potato
200g Green peas
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Peel and boil potato in salted water. Cook until you can pierce the potato with a fork. Drain and cut the potato into small cubes.
- Boil green peas in salted water for 4 minutes, drain and allow to cool.
- Oil small round moulds with olive oil and line each one with three slices of Parma ham in a crisscross pattern. Allow the slices of Parma ham to fold over the edges of the mould.
- In a saucepan, warm the cottage cheese (keep a couple of tablespoons for later) over low heat. Keep stirring until creamy, and then add potatoes and peas. Mix thoroughly.
- Place mixture into each of the moulds and fold the Parma ham over the top of the mixture to seal the package.
- To serve, warm remaining cottage cheese in a saucepan until creamy. Place a small dollop on a plate and inverte the Parma ham package, and place on top. Serve hot.