The Kenyan DawaCourse: DrinksCuisine: KenyanDifficulty: Easy
The quintessential cocktail of Kenya is the Dawa. Meaning “medicine”, this cocktail was named after its potency. It is said that the Dawa is so potent that it will cure whatever is ailing you.
- Slice lime into several wedges and place into a highball glass.
- Add sugar into the glass and use a muddler to muddle the lime and sugar together.
- Add the honey and continue to muddle until well combined.
- Add crushed ice until the top.
- Pour vodka into the glass and stir, ensuring that you bring the ingredients from the bottom to the top.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
- This recipe is part of our renown “The Charming Lonno Lodge Cookbook” that you can download for free or purchase as a printed copy on Amazon.