Exotic Russian SaladCourse: StartersCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
This salad could easily be adapted to include a different combination of vegetables or even fruit such as apples and pineapples. What’s important to remember is to refrain from overdoing it with the mayonnaise. No one wants a sloppy and wet Russian Salad. There’s nothing exotic about that.
200g Green peas
120g Cooked ham
4 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- Wash, peel and chop carrots and potatoes into small 0.5cm cubes. Cook potatoes in salted water for 8-10 minutes or until fork can easily pierce through. Cook carrots and green peas for 5-6 minutes in boiling salted water. All vegetables should be cooked thoroughly but should not loose their firmness. Drain and allow to cool.
- Boil eggs for 8-9 minutes for medium hardboiled egg. When done, remove eggs and cool them under running cold water. Peel shell.
- Clean, devein and rinse shrimp under cool water. Boil shrimp for 5 minutes in salted water. Remove shrimp and drain. Allow them to cool
- Cut cooked ham into small 0.5cm cubes.
- Cut the hardboiled eggs in quarters.
- Place vegetables in a bowl and add the mayonnaise to combine them together. Finally add the ham and shrimp to the mixture. Combine thoroughly and salt to taste.
- Divide the mixture into small bowls, at Lonno Lodge, to add an exotic flare, shells are used. Place hardboiled eggs on top as a garnish.