Seafood CarbonaraCourse: First CourseCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
When you think of carbonara, I know, you secretly wish that you won’t be eating scrambled eggs with pasta. In this recipe, say no more to curdled carbonara! The Chefs at Lonno Lodge has made this simple recipe idiot-proof and even added a coastal twist. Trust me, your carbonara game is about to get strong.
120g Dried Spaghetti
50g Tuna Fillet
50g Rock Cod Fillet
25g Parmesan Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dice tuna and rock cod into cubes after washing and patting them dry.
- Wash and devein prawns. Pat dry.
- Drizzle some olive oil into a hot pan and add fish and prawns. Add a pinch of thyme, salt and black pepper. Sauté until they become opaque and white. Remove from heat and place the fish and prawns in a bowl to cool.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
- In a heat-resistant bowl, add the egg, a pinch of salt and pepper, and grated Parmesan Cheese. Using a whisk, mix the ingredients until it becomes a creamy thick sauce.
- When the pasta is cooked until al dente, drain and place into the bowl with the sauce. Combine the fish, prawns, pasta and sauce together and if it’s a little dry, add some of the hot pasta cooking water.