Potato RosesCourse: Main CoursesCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
The phrase “eating with your eyes” rings true at Lonno Lodge. It’s almost unfortunate that you will break these perfectly formed Potato Roses with a hint of parmesan. But when you do, each morsel is incredibly fulfilling.
1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Using a mandolin, slice potato very thin.
- Boil a pot of salted water. Add potato slices into the boiling water and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Retrieve the potato slices from boiling water and place into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking. Strain and dry thoroughly with paper towel.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with parmesan, a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into three cupcake moulds.
- Place potato slices in each mould. Ensure that the slices overlap the adjacent one. Line the mould completely and brush the edges with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the moulds and serve.