Ham and Cheese Potato SandwichCourse: StarterCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
This starter is the perfect snack to keep active vacationers or people on the go, satiated. This is not your classic sandwich, but who can resist a melt of any kind? If you prefer you potatoes deep-fried, after boiling the potatoes in salted water, pat dry with paper towers and drop them into hot oil. Deep-fry until the potatoes become golden brown, and stuff them with the same filling.
2 Large potatoes
70g Cooked ham
50g Cheese slices or Mozzarella Cheese
10g Parmesan Cheese
20g Cottage cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice them in half lengthwise and boil them in salted water for three minutes. Drain and dry and with paper towel.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil and salt to taste, ensuring all surfaces have been covered.
- Slice ham into pieces that will cover half of the potato. Place ham on the first half of the potato.
- Place chosen slice of cheese or grate it directly on top of the ham.
- Sprinkle half of the parmesan on top and close the sandwich with the other half of the potato.
- Hold potato sandwiches together by skewering with a toothpick.
- Place sandwiches on to an oiled baking sheet or one that’s been covered with parchment paper and bake at 180°C oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool for a couple of minutes. Place half of the cottage cheese on top as a garnish. Serve warm.