Pancakes with BaconCourse: StarterCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Perfectly portioned, this starter is a great way to present a decadent omelette to your guests. The recipe can easily incorporate other vegetables such as zucchini, aubergine, mushroom or artichoke. For vegetarians, instead of lining the muffin baking tray with bacon, you can use thin slices of grilled zucchini. However, remember to line the moulds with parchment paper so that the vegetables don’t stick to the bottom!
1 Bunch of fresh basil
24 Slices of smoked streaky bacon
200ml Crème fresh
30g Grated Grana Padano Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, crème fresh, Grana Padano, a pinch of salt and pepper. When whisked until an airy mixture, tear fresh basil leaves and whisk until combined.
- Take a muffin baking tray and line each mold with two to three slices of bacon in a crisscross pattern or until the surface is completely covered. You do not need to grease the pan thanks to the fat from the bacon.
- Pour egg mixture into each mould until the rim.
- Place into pre-heated 180 °C oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the surface of the omelette is golden brown.
- Gently remove the pancakes from each mould and serve hot.