Prawn and Avocado SaladCourse: StarterCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
Simple, healthy and refreshing. This salad draws on the inspiration of the Indian Ocean and is served in a whimsical arrangement. You’re on holiday, so why not?
20 Medium-size prawns
1 Large Avocado
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash prawns under cold running water, peel and devein them. When deveining the prawns, use a knife to slice along the back of the prawn without completely halving them. Boil prawns in salter water with juice of half a lime for four minutes. Drain prawn and allow them to cool.
- Toss prawns with a drizzle of olive oil, juice from half a lime and salt to taste.
- Peel the avocado and remove pit. Slice the avocado in thin slivers and place them on to a plate to resemble the legs of a prawn. Drizzle some olive oil over the avocado.
- Take prawns and insert each one into the other by the cut on their backs. Place the chain of prawns at the center of the plate with the avocado slices sprouting from the sides.
- Use a slice of a red pepper or tomato as the tail. Serve room temperature.