Apple Curry PrawnsCourse: Main CoursesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Warm, sweet and spicy – curry and apple sauce tastes like comfort no matter where you are. Paired with the gentle salty breeze from the Indian Ocean and its delicious prawns, you have a winning savoury dish that’s well-balanced and will wow your dinner guests.
1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
500ml Fish or Vegetable Stock
200ml Greek Yoghurt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash, de-shell and de-vein prawns.
- Dice apples finely and sauté over high heat in olive oil for 3 minutes. Add a dash of water to help steam them through and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Add curry powder and greek yoghurt and simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- In another pan, sauté prawns in olive oil until they become golden brown.
- Add prawns to the curry and apple sauce and cook for another 1 minute. Serve with rice of choice.
- This recipe is part of our renown “The Charming Lonno Lodge Cookbook” that you can download for free or purchase as a printed copy on Amazon.