Bacon and Leek RisottoCourse: First CourseCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
Risotto epitomizes the proverb “Good things come to those who wait.” When cooked with patience care and attention, risotto can soothe the soul. This dish is the embodiment of mindfulness, which for many, is what they seek during a relaxing stay at Lonno Lodge.
320g Risotto Rice
80g Bacon Slices
20g Unsalted Butter
1L Vegetable Stock
15g Grated Parmesan
- Pour stock into large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Wash leeks and slice them thinly. Pat dry.
- In another saucepan, melt 10g of butter. Take 20g of bacon slices and cut them into smaller pieces. Sauté bacon pieces over low heat in the butter until crisp.
- Add 10g of butter and rice into the saucepan. On high heat, stir the rice quickly and allow it to cook for 1 minute.
- Pour enough stock to just submerge the rice and allow to simmer on medium-high heat. Stir constantl.. Keep gradually adding the stock to ensure that the rice is always submerged.
- In a separate pan, take the remaining slices of bacon and fry them until crispy and brown without any additional fat.
- After about 20 minutes add the leeks and parmesan to the cooked rice and mix thoroughly.
- Plate the rice and garnish with the crispy slices of bacon.