Seafood RisottoCourse: First CourseCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
Lounging next to the source of fresh seafood all day long will inspire you to add a taste of the ocean to this soulful dish. With the relaxing backdrop of Lonno Lodge, even a risotto seems to taste of depth.
320g Risotto Rice
100g Fish Fillet
1 White Onion
30g Unsalted Butter
1L Vegetable or Fish Stock
- Pour stock into large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Wash fish, calamari and prawns. Devein and de-shell prawns, slice calamari into thin strips and slice fish into cubes.
- Place 15g of butter into a saucepan and over high heat, sauté the fish, calamari and prawns until opaque. Place the seafood into a bowl.
- In another saucepan, melt 15g of butter and pour the rice into the saucepan. On high heat, stir the rice quickly and allow it to cook for 1 minute.
- Pour enough stock to just submerge the rice and allow to simmer on medium-high heat. Stir constantly. Keep gradually adding the stock to ensure that the rice is always submerged.
- After about 20 minutes add the seafood and a pinch of salt to the cooked rice and mix thoroughly.
- Serve while hot.