Mango SorbetCourse: DessertsDifficulty: Easy
In Kenya, there are many mango trees and orchards. When driving along the highway from Malindi Airport to your home-away-from-home, Lonno Lodge, you’ll often see tall mango trees dotting the gardens and providing shade to its residents. When ripe, Kenyan mangoes are some of the most delicious and succulent fruits you’ll ever taste.
- Peel the mangoes and remove the flesh.
- Place the mango flesh in a blender and blend until a fine puree.
- Place the mango puree into a sieve and remove the fibres.
- Place the sieved puree into a small saucepan. Add water and sugar (if the mangoes are not ripe) and simmer on medium heat for 1 minute. Continuously whisk the mixture.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once at room temperature, place the mixture into a container and leave it in the freezer.
- Every hour, remove it from the freezer and use a fork to break the ice crystals. Continue doing this until the entire mixture has been frozen.
- When ready, serve.