Pan-Roasted Tuna Skewers with Pineapple and Cashew Nut RiceCourse: Main CoursesCuisine: Asian
Yellowfin Tuna is a favourite on the shores of the Indian Ocean. Marinated in soy sauce and paired with Pineapple and Cashew Nut Rice, this tuna dish marries Asian influence and some of the best produce Kenya offers.
600g Tuna Fillet
60g Cashew Nuts
2 Slices of Pineapple
½ Teaspoon of Marjoram
4 Teaspoons Soya Sauce
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Slice tuna in 2cm cubes and marinade in juice from half a lemon, olive oil, 3 teaspoons of soy sauce and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a peeler, slice long ribbons from the zucchini. Roll the ribbons like a coil.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes to prevent the from burning.
- Skewer the tuna cubes and zucchini ribbons together. Alternate tuna and zucchini.
- Place completed skewers onto a baking tray and place into a pre-heated 180°C oven for 5 minutes.
- Boil desired rice in water. When ready, add cashew nuts, chopped pineapples, marjoram, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Mix thoroughly,
- Cover the rice with aluminium foil and bake at 180°C for 5 minutes.
- This recipe is part of our renown “The Charming Lonno Lodge Cookbook” that you can download for free or purchase as a printed copy on Amazon.