Tagliolini with Crab SauceCourse: First CourseCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
Tagliolini is a variation of the tagliatelle pasta. The difference between these two lies in the paper-thin thickness and width of tagliolini, which measures no more than 3mm. Thanks to its fine and delicate shape, tagliolini works best with thin sauces such as this tomato crab version – perfect for hot and humid nights!
200g Pasta Dough
150g Cooked Crab Meat
1 Garlic Clove
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
250ml Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Knead pasta dough and roll into flat sheets with the pasta machine until paper thin.
- Cut the pasta into the tagliolini shape, which is no wider than 3mm.
- Place tagliolini into boiling salted water and cook for 2-3 minutes until al dente.
- While the tagliolini is cooking, finely chop clove of garlic. In a hot pan, drizzle some olive oil and sauté the garlic until aromatic. Add the crab meat and tomato sauce and stir constantly.
- When tagliolini is ready, drain and place into the sauce. Mix thoroughly and remove from heat.