Get your family together somewhere private and safe.
How long has it been since you’ve seen your mother? Or your brother? Your sister? No, I’m not saying see them through Skype or Zoom or WhatsApp, but see them in person, in front of you. Long time, right? Well, now that the lock-down is over, it’s time to start living with our loved ones again, to meet them, to share the pleasure of spending some time together.
Now is time to organize a “family reunion” to see each other in person after these weeks (months!) of lock-down. The time to take a break and return to live and share joys and emotions, especially with your loved ones and your family, and also, why not, take some well-deserved rest and vacation.
Sure, when you decide to hold a family reunion, you realize that it takes very little to bring a large number of people together. There are you, your husband and the children, then your sister with her family, your brother-in-law with the twins, and then your grandparents, and your husband’s aunt who is so nice … in an instant you’re with 15 or 16 names or even more!
This is why having a lot of space for you is really important, just as it is important that everyone has their own personal corner to rest and relax, while sharing with the family the moments of leisure, lunches, swimming in the pool, walks at low tide or excursions to Watamu and its surroundings.
Of course you can arrange this meeting at the home of one of the household members, but then .. who’s going to clean it up? Or you can rent a villa with space for everyone (will it be safe? will it be disinfected enough?), final cleaning is almost always included in the price, but .. do you really want your mum to cook for all those people? And the shopping, who’s going to do it?
No, there is no doubt, the best solution is definitely to rent an entire hotel (gasp!), with all the rooms reserved for your family, and with all the staff at your service for cleaning, cooking, for the restaurant … everything just for you, no guests other than those you have invited. Which is an improved guarantee for cleanliness and safety, isn’t it? Don’t worry, we Aldo & Silvia live inside the lodge, always available in case of need or for some particular need. Privacy, safety and security, all combined in the same place.
Get your family together at The Charming Lonno Lodge, exclusively yours, in Watamu
Having the full run of the Lodge and its team of staff is ideal for very special celebrations with family and friends.
Lonno Lodge’s guest rooms each offer a unique perspective of the Indian Ocean, from the magnificent Top Tower Room with its exclusive top roof terrace to the huge family Suite facing the ocean and the mature tropical garden. A self-contained ocean oasis, The Lonno Lodge offers an ideal blend of space, intimacy and privacy allowing a small group to stay together whilst also enjoying a relaxing and luxurious personal retreat.
Compare the Lonno Lodge to a traditional villa for rent:
|a Rental Villa||The Lonno Lodge|
|Max. number of bedrooms||various||8 with bathroom|
|Max. number of guests||various||up to 24|
|Cleaning before arrival||included||included|
|Cleaning during stay||add’l costs||included|
|Swimming pool||included||large, included|
|Houseboy||included||staff of 22|
|Security||add’l costs||4 Askaris h24|
|Owner presence||normally not||on-site|
|Ocean front||very rare||spectacular|
|Minimum stay||1 week||2 nights|
|Final cost per night||impossible to estimate||$160/person/night|
– min 10 guests –
Terms & Conditions:
- price is per person 2 years old and over, per night sharing, and includes Full Board (breakfast, light lunch and dinner), beverages are not included
- children under 2 years of age do not pay, and the baby cot is also free of charge (not all rooms can accommodate a cot)
- minimum 10 people
- the price of $160/person is valid for the first 10 people
- from 11th to 16th the price drops to $120/person
- from 17th to 24th the price drops further to $90/person
- it is possible to book even for less than 10 people, but the minimum amount is the one for 10 people
- no surcharge for the exclusive use of the entire lodge, i.e. 4 rooms with double bed and 4 suites from 3 to 5 beds each
- all the rooms/suites have double beds, a few have twin beds, no single-bed rooms available
- owners and staff always present and available
- access and use of the kitchen reserved for staff
- possibility of personalized menus: children’s menus, menus with Kenyan dishes, vegetarians, vegans, gluten free, etc..
- a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm the reservation, balance to be paid at least 30 days before planned check-in
- in case of cancellation with at least 30 days notice prior to arrival, the full amount of deposit will be reimbursed
- in case of cancellation with less than 30 days notice prior to arrival, the deposit will be converted into a voucher of the same amount to be used within 12 months from issue
- offer subject to availability
- offer not valid at Christmas and New Year
- offer may not be combined with other offers